Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo Has Begun!

NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month, has    officially begun.  The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel between midnight November 1 and 11:59 pm November 30th.  For all those who decide to do this, you must write an average of 1667 words a day to finish by the deadline.  Thousands of people participate every year,and this year, I am one of them. 

I know it sounds a little nutty, but I am a writer, at least I am trying to be, and therefore should be writing as much as possible.  I will be typing until my fingers bleed between the blog and the novel.  Wanna know how many words I have done so far?  About 300.  I'm already more than a thousand words behind!  I will be updating my progress through
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/novels/i-don-t-have-a-title-yet5/edit  and also I will put up excerpts as I have them!

This is my shortest blog, because I have to get back to noveling!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Crap... where do you see the rules about the novel writing? I am 50000home words behind the foal still... my other two novels are well over this length so it shouldn't be a problem... but what to write about? Aarg!!

    ReplyDelete