No, I haven't abandoned my blog...I have just been...wait for it...busy. Yep, that's all. Busy. That's a lame excuse, I realize, but I am willing to rattle off my list of reasons for staying away from my young, needy blog. Here they are:
In December, I was:
1. Trying to work as much as possible before leaving the state (to spend Christmas with my fam in
Utah). Census is up and they are actually allowing some overtime! Gotta get it while the getting is good!
2. Finishing up Christmas stuff, which included making homemade goodies such as Cranberry-Orange
cookies and homemade ornaments (for 15 people), and the traditional photo calendars for the
grandparents. I always have these grand ideas of making cute stuff and though they usually turn out well, I
typically underestimate the time they will take by, oh, about a WEEK.
3. Preparing for the week long trip to Utah, including trying to pack, clean like crazy, do all the laundry, get
someone to watch my cats, wrap all the gifts and arrange for someone to put out milk, cookies, carrots
and water for Santa and his reindeer.
4. Helping my daughter through all her December activities, such as: many, many rehearsals for the church
Christmas play, 6 performances taking up two entire weekends; her usual ballet and then the Girl Scout
activities she had along with some cookie sales. We also went to the dentist and tried to see Santa at
Crown Center (one side of her mouth was numb though and she didn't want a pic with Santa where she
didn't have a proper smile).
5. Then, while I was on vacation in Utah...hmmm. What excuse do I have? Besides the jet lag, weird and
yucky feeling from the altitude difference, the nasty cold likely from a fellow airplane passenger, numerous
family activities and events including meeting the two newest members, Steven's wife Faridah and my
other brother's new baby daughter, Olivia......I guess I don't have much of an excuse. I took my laptop, I
had excellent intentions, but...perhaps I watched too many episodes of The Vampire Diaries.
6. Upon returning home, there's the usual laundry, return to work, unpacking and sorting of all the goodies
my daughter and I brought home and seeing everyone we've missed while we were away. Sigh!
I think that's all. I feel better about letting my poor blog suffer...well, a little better. I truly am mad at myself for only posting once this month. So much has happened!
There's no time like New Year's Eve to renew my dedication to writing daily and posting a blog frequently!