Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm Gonna Throw My Cats Outta The Window

So, I work night shift.  It's a crappy shift.  I work 7pm until 7am, three days a week.  At first I thought it was great.  Four days off during the week!  Yeah!  Who wouldn't want four days off every week??  Except, it's not really like four days off.  The first day I go back into work, I have to try to sleep during the day to be prepared to stay up for 12 hours at work.  So I am already down a day off.  It's not a day off, because I am sleeping for work.  By the end of my third shift, usually three in a row, I am so exhausted that I sleep that entire day, am up for four or five hours on what it supposed to be one of my 'days off,' and then I sleep all night as well.  That day is gone.

Also, I am usually so exhausted from trying to sleep during the day that my days off are reserved for resting.  This brings me to the reason that I want to Throw My Cats Outta The Window.  They drive me insane.  They meow, chase each other across my tired, sleeping body, play with things in my room, climb on top of me.  They are obnoxious.  Also, I wanna Duct Tape My Phone To Said Cats Before I Throw Them Outta The Window.  I can't turn my ringer off in case Scarlett's school calls, which they have done. One day at noon they called me to bring her clean clothes as soon as possible.  This is like calling someone on a regular schedule at 4 am!  I had to wake up, rub the sleep out of my eyes, get dressed, find her clothes, and drive to school bleary eyed and stumbling from exhaustion.  I also wanna Punch The Lawnmowers In Their Heads.  Why can't someone invent a QUIET mower?!  And, I wanna Knock Out The Guy Who Came To Bang Bang BANG! outside on the door frames for WHO KNOWS WHAT REASON!? I see nothing fixed!  Nothing looks better!  Sigh.

Yep, you guessed it.  This is being written after one of those days.  Getting ready to go into day 2 of my supposedly three day work week.  Yeah, I am only working three days, but five of my days are sacrificed to work this shift.

Here's to a Good Night At Work!  To all my fellow Night Shifters, I'll be thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment