Sunday, October 23, 2011

5K Today!

Evidently, Sunday will be my day to post about running.  Since last Sunday, I have been babying my sore knee, running only twice and waiting with bated breath to fully test it out today at the First Annual Bill Cross Back Snack Back Pack 5K Pack n Snack run.  Or whatever it was called.


(Image from http://www.harvesters.org/Event/EventCalendar.asp?Event=BillCross%205K&StartDate=10/23/2011)


Again, it was an amazing day for running and racing.  I headed out to the event with my favorite running people, Nate and Ellis Graybill.  My goal was to run the 3.1 miles in under 24 minutes.  Thanks to a fairly flat course, which started and finished at Zona Rosa (near Bravo and Build-A-Bear), I beat that time goal by more than minute.  I ran it in 22:16, my fastest 5K ever, and I won my age group.  Which meant a gold medal!  Yeah, it was just gold colored and had a kooky design on it, but hey, a gold medal is a gold medal.  Nate also received the gold medal in his age group, running an amazing time of 20:00, and Ellis earned the silver in his age group, finishing in 21 minutes and some change.  It was a good boost of confidence for us!  I don't usually beat anyone when I run!

Best of all, the knee feels great.  No pain, no issues.  Still anxious about my first long run which  I hope to do this week.  Next month I have my sights set on the Pilgrim Pacer, the Gobbler Grind and the Turkey Trot. Who comes up with these names?  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment